Since there are different people working at different level in a construction industry each individual planning to apply for Construction Skills Certification Scheme has various options available for himself. The card one will apply will solely depend upon the job profile that one plans to opt for. The card is also given based on the qualifications that one has and whether they are in line with the requirement for the construction industry. Till date there are about 13 types of Construction Skills Certification Scheme cards.
For selecting the card, one must first pass the Health, Safety and Environment test. After passing this test the person will get a card that is color coded card and which will match with the level of knowledge, skill and competence one holds. It also shows the level of occupation eligibility.
Below are few of the CSCS cards that are available on the site:
- Yellow card – For Visitors – This card is provided to people who do not possess any technical or construction knowledge but they are required to be present at the site at regular intervals.
- Green card – Construction Site Operators – These people possess the basic skills required and have achieved the level of N/SVQ. They are also known to have achieved the recommendation of the employer.
- White or the Yellow Card -Professionally Qualified Person – This card is given to people who are approved by the CSCS
- Red Card -Craft and Operative Trainee – They may be few trainees who could not complete S/NVQ, but are still registered.
- Red Card: Experienced worker – This card is given to people who have the job experience of minimum 1 year.
- Blue – Skilled Worker –This card is usually provided to 3 types of people. a) Employees those who reached the S/NVQ level 2. b) Employees that have undergone apprenticeship as approved by the employer and lastly c) employees who obtained the certificate of the City and Guilds of London Institute Advanced Crafts.
- Gold -Advanced Craft or Supervisory- This card is usually provided to 3 types of people. a) Employees those who reached the S/NVQ level 3. b) Employees that have undergone indentured apprenticeship as approved by the employer and lastly c) employees who obtained the certificate of the City and Guilds of London Institute Advanced Crafts.
- Black – Manager –Employees who have reached the level 4 or level 5 S/NVQ or Level 6 or Level 7 QCF in their occupation.
- White/ Grey – Construction Related Occupation – All the employees or workers which are not covered above will fall under this category.